Friday, May 21, 2010

'VCL 11 Questions' with devilsplender



1. WHAT DO YOU CALL THE STYLE OF MUSIC YOU PLAY?
a. Roots/Rock/Americana/Pop/Soul

2. WHERE IS YOUR HOMETOWN?
a. Edmonton, AB, Canada

3. (FOR GUITARIST ONLY:) WHAT KIND OF GUITAR DO YOU PLAY?
a. I play both electric and acoustic guitars. The guitars that I play the most often would be my:
i. Martin - 1997 Drednought
ii. Gretch - 1977 Super-Axe
iii. Guild - 1972 - S100

4. (FOR SINGERS ONLY:) WHAT CAN YOU NOT LIVE WITHOUT AS A SINGER?
a. 2 Guiness, 2 smokes, and a glass of red wine.

5. WHERE CAN YOUR FANS FIND YOU ONLINE?
i. www.devilsplender.com
ii. www.myspace.com/thisisdevilsplender
iii. www.facebook.com/devilsplender
iv. http://www.facebook.com/pages/devilsplender/101235740333?ref=ts

6. WHERE ARE YOU PLAYING IN THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS?
i. Falconetti’s - Thursday June 24th, 2010
ii. The Railway Club - Wednesday June 30th, 2010

7. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO LATELY?
i. Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
ii. The Cave Singers
iii. Bill Callahan
iv. Clutch
v. Nick Lowe

8. IF YOUR KID TOLD YOU THEY WANT TO BE IN THE MUSIC BUSINESS, WHAT WOULD YOU TELL THEM?
a. I would support their desires but I would explain the current state of the music industry and help them cultivate a life career based in music.

9. IS THIS YOUR FIRST ALBUM?
a. devilsplender is currently supporting its sixth full length recording. Hometown Riot - 2009

10. WHEN DO YOU GO BACK IN THE STUDIO?
a. I am always in the studio recording demos but I would expect the full band to return to the studio in 2011.

11. WHO IS YOUR BIGGEST MUSICAL INFLUENCE?
a. “Growing up, I wanted to be Pete Townshend of the Who, his showmanship is critical in my structuring music for performance,” “But Paul Westerberg of the Replacements is the comparison I get the most and that’s a huge compliment. STINK was a landmark album.” “Rounding out my top 5 would have to be The Band and the Beatles — no explanation needed — and Elvis Costello for how he pens pop, rock and roll and a great ballads.”



submitted by Lucie Walker

No comments: